Thursday, January 21, 2010

High Top Roof from Drivelodge

Wow – its an age since I posted here, well I’ve been busy when weather permitted.

The new High Top Roof is now on … Thank you DRIVELODGE :)
I took out the headlining to save for later. There are two key jobs here ,1 remove the trim in the middle of the van – it just pops out but you have to be firm with it and the second was removal of the interior lights.












Again they just pop out.

Some folks have had problems here with wires snapping because they took the headlining down with lights still in place … WOOPS :( … thanks for the warnings there folks. So pop them out and shove them back above the board.

Then the fun part - taking out the VW trim clips – again I had less problem here than many other folks report – I have a hex key in my Halfords socket set that’s a perfect fit.












Then just lower the boards nice and gently (two pairs of hands make this easier) store for later and drive off to Keighly.

A few days later – it’s a new van ! ..... and I think you can just see the Cannon Forge RnR bed in there too .... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment