Sunday, November 29, 2009

Waste water tank

We aim to have fresh water stored inside the van so we can see that its clean and refill the container at a tap. The waste water from the sink however (smelly stuff) is to go to an outside tank. I bought a 203 waste tank from CAK and had to return it. Several hours were spent under the van trying to make the tank fit. It was a well engineered complex wedge shaped box that goes in front of the spare wheel. HOWEVER …. The water inlet pipe lines up with the bodywork holding the suspension … or if dropped a little to avoid that, it lines up with the exhaust. Calls to CAK resulted in loads of advice by phone and email but I just could not see how I could get water into the tank from my offside sink without 2 meters of waste pipe holding water as it dipped under the exhaust before entering the tank. That is of course if it did not foul the exhaust and melt as the pipe gets hot … in the end it had to go back. Full refund given. Two other CAK tanks that go under the off side step or skirt were not suitable in my mind as I did not want to chop away vast parts of my under tray to accommodate the tanks.














Plan B then kicks in …search GOOGLE for T5 water
tanks…… but nothing filled me with joy.

Plan C make my own from 5mm PVC sheet and pipe weld ( still an option )

But surprise surprise …. I spotted a possible solution … I am going to try a collapsible water carrier squashed into the bodywork void with tap through under tray. More on that later :)

2 comments:

  1. very informative post .. with images you have made it more interesting . If you are in need of acrylic sheets , polycarbonate sheets you can find it on plastic craft products ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks author for your useful blog and great shared to Waste water tank
    wastewater Australia tanks

    ReplyDelete