Wednesday, October 7, 2009

D-Day .... thats Delivery Day :) ... and electrical gloom.

So the fun starts on 17th Oct when the van is delivered.
I am currently tearing my hair out trying to decide which way to go on the electrics front.
I fancy the Sargent EC155 Power Supply Unit its neat and tidy all in one box with a nice control panel.
But the tech support line dude says that I cant run it with a Voltage Sensing Relay and I need a traditional relay for the split charge and as a trigger to the EC155 to isolate the camper 12v cuircuits while the engine is running. Now other folks say the traditional relay on a T5 is a pain needing connections to the alternator circuit and into the "engine running" trigger in the van fuse box or somewhere in the wiring loom. Get it wrong and the engine management computer starts to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment